Assignment 3

 


This was my first attempt working with a 4x5 large format camera. I was happy to be able to work with May, Angie and Amy to familiarize myself and have support with set up, camera and lighting. It was a fun, productive afternoon and all four of us were able to take at least one photo. This was helpful in gaining more confidence with loading film, using the light meter, working with the camera and developing the film after. Overall, the portrait served its purpose however, the image has a weird shadow that is especially noticeable around May's top, on the neckline and shoulder. Hopefully I can correct this issue on my actual portrait for the assignment.   

Edit (March 14): I think the shadow is from a slow shutter speed and an ambient light in the background of the photo which caused extra exposure after the flash went off combined with a slight shift from the model.  

Comments

Popular Posts